Other places to find me

Wednesday, April 13

What's up, Buttercup?

So, here I am. Posting two days in a row. On my new bloggy. And I am so happy about it. What do you guys think about it? It took me QUITE some time to get the colors and the setup JUST so. I am not saying it won't change a little bit here and there, but for the most part....I am happy with it. Super happy with it, actually. And I love that Blogger now lets you have static pages to add to your blog. That was always an awesome Wordpress specialty. :)

So....the last time I posted anything was on Valentine's Day. WHOA! That was forever ago. Soon after that we went to New York City for the first time. You may remember me mentioning that to you a WHILE back. If not, that's okay, too. We DID go to the City. And we did have a lot of fun. We were able to find an AMAZINGLY cheap "bed and breakfast" type place - less the breakfast...it was only ninety bucks a night as opposed to upwards of 150 a night. It was a cute little place - we had the floor to ourselves. Normally we would have had to share the bathroom and the kitchenette with the other guests on the floor, but there was no one else while we were there, so we had it all to ourselves.

We walked A TON!!! We were staying on the top side, just a couple blocks north of Central Park and we walked everywhere. One morning we walked all the way down to Rockefeller Center. We did the sight seeing thing. We saw Yankee Stadium, American Museum of Natural History, Times Square, Toys R Us, The M&M Store, the Statue of Liberty, and even some impromptu break dancing on the Subway.

We purchased a lightweight little stroller to take with us on the trip because we knew we would probably be doing more walking than Lorelli's little legs could handle...and man were we right!!! That was probably one of the best $20 we have ever spent on her. When we weren't using it, the stroller hooked to our backpack very easily. And when the munchkin got tired....we unhooked it and strapped her into it and away we went.

We even did A BUNCH of thrift shopping. It was sooo awesome. We found a thrift store that was doing a bag sale. Everything you could fit into a big grocery bag - only cost a dollar. It ROCKED our socks! I am telling you. We LOOOVE us some thrift shopping...and to be able to do it in NYC - Jennifer got a pair of Lucky Brand jeans for, like, FIFTEEN BUCKS!!!! WHOOOOAAAA!!!

We were there for 4 days and I wish we could have spent 4 more before having to come back home. The last thing we did, before heading home on that last day was to walk through an open air flea market in Union Square and get some ice cream. We figured it was the perfect ending to the perfect vacation!!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Toby E. said...

I'm loving this new blog. Feels much more like the Oates family. Very much a good J and C mix!!!
I can't believe it has already been almost 2 months since your trip. I'm so glad you had fun.
Now you have inspired me to go try and do a little catch up in my own bloggy land. Love you!